Deb Domier Named HPV’s 2019 Caregiver of the Year
Deb Domier, Activities Manager at Hatton Prairie Village, was chosen by the Board of Directors as its 2019 Caregiver of the Year. This award represents excellence in the workplace and exceptional care of residents.
The Board considered 8 nominees, all who had been nominated by residents and/or family members for North Dakota Long Term Care Association’s state-level Caregiver of the Year award. Deb has been nominated six times for this award and is completing her 15th year at Hatton Prairie Village.
The comments from Deb’s nominations show a person who is committed to excellence and cares deeply about residents. Here are some of the comments from residents and family members who nominated Deb:
- She is the happiest person in the world and makes me feel happy
- What a marvelous lady; always willing to help me
- My favorite times of day are spent with Deb in Activities
- She has so much energy; she’s full of life and we need that around here
- Her smile lights up the room and makes my day
- The sparkle in her eyes draws everyone in
- She knows all of the residents’ families and that shows how caring she is
“Honestly, when I received this award, I was a bit in awe, overwhelmed and speechless, which is unusual for me. But what a great feeling to be honored for doing something I love to do. For me, it’s all about our residents and helping them have their best day. I’m thankful for working beside great co-workers each day and thankful to the Board for this award”, says Deb Domier.
The award was presented at HPV’s annual Employee Recognition Dinner, June 24, at Lakeview by Toby Lake.